Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interesting solar cell design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
Nice find!

My only complaint is the Starbucks scene. I don't think that's a beret. . .;)

The presentation seems to make sense but I'm totally not qualified to make that call. I somehow suspect that jpanhalt is, though.

Torben

Neat, but it only generated 40uA of current when exposed to full sunlight. Not even close to what a silicon solar cell can do.

Yeah, but if the materials can be made cheap and on crude equipment it doesn't matter so much. You'd have to do some pretty extensive practicality studies to see if it was worth it though. More a novelty than anything else. But it's nice to know some people think out of the box =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back