Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interesting motherboard components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menticol

Hello everyone!

This is, again, a very noob question. My computer's motherboard runs hot, but I have no problems with it, as it stays between the limits.

However, tracking the source of the heat (obviously besides the processor), I've found a series of interesting black boxes labeled EMC R68H. They run very very hot!

Other labels are 1R1, R27, under the "brand" Trio or Rio

Its stunning for me, because during my short experience last thing I've seen running that hot without burning was a vacuum tube.

What does that component do?

Ps: Google only throws chinese websites, and google translator throws garbage out of them.
Ps2: Actual picture is from the web, but illustrates the mentioned boxes.

Attachments

• 001219205.jpg
    001219205.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,445
Last edited:
The components you refer to, form part of switching regulators for the various supplies that the mobo generates from the main 5v/12v supplies from the psu

They are inductors- part of the switching regulator.

Last edited:
Mobo's get hot, not such a big deal, most parts are rated at 70 deg C or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back