Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interactive Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

squibs

Hi,

I'd like to set up an interactive projection for a university installation. I'm not very technical but want to learn.

So far I've found that I could connect a motion sensor to the space bar of a keyboard to activate video clips but don't know how I would go about setting this up/ what software I'd need to use etc. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

More detail needed.
What sort of motion sensors, any other sensors, projection details, power supply, indoors/outdoors, cost limits, other limits (e.g. size), programming/construction skills ........?

I'm looking at using an IR sensor to detect motion, I suppose these would have to be positioned outside. The projector would be an average overhead as that's what the uni provides, maybe Hitachi CP-SX1350. Was thinking of using an Arduino to link up the sensor to a laptop to activate videoclips to play on the projector? It will inside using mains power, projecting out of a window onto the pavement. Cost limits will vary as i'm trying to use equiptment provided by the university where I can, but if needs be I can look into purchasing anything they don't have but would only spend up to £250ish. I don't have any programming skills but will learn if I need to and it will be useful skill for the future.

I guess, if this is a feasible way of doing it that it's just putting it all together and programming that I'm unsure about.

Thanks

So, you will have an outdoor IR motion sensor and the rest of the kit will be indoors.
I know nothing of the capabilities of the projector you mention, but if you project onto a pavement in sunlight conditions the image would have to be incredibly bright and high contrast to be visible. Have you tried it?

I could connect a motion sensor to the space bar of a keyboard to activate video clips but don't know how I would go about setting this up/ what software I'd need to use
Irfanview, a free download, has a slideshow function which can run a sequence of video clips and can be set up so that a mouse click starts successive clips. Your IR sensor could probably be made to emulate mouse clicks.

I haven't tried it in the sunlight but was going to settle for evening/ night projection if it didn't show up. Will check out Infranview, sounds good. Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back