Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intel Hex Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunkumar2k5

Hello all,

I am working on a MSP430 app. I m trying to write the SW version at a specific address location ( before the start of the code) , I couldn't do it. Having said that ,I figured a way to do it by editing the Intel HEX file generated by my compiler. The problem here is I need to compute the Checksum if I edit it.

My question here is do i get some free Intel HEx editor where I changed the Content and it automatically gets the Checksum fixed.

I tried googling it but no luck , so thought of asking the users.

Thanks
Arun

The problem here is I need to compute the Checksum if I edit it.

Hi Arun,
I created this in Open Office for a slightly different reason, but it will do what you want.
To use it, just remove the .txt extension. I exported it to .xls as well but I don't know if it will work properly, you'll have to try it.

Instructions are on screen when the spreadsheet is opened.

Regards.

EDIT:
There is a slight correction - "Right-click & copy A23, then paste back into Hex file overwriting original line:"
..should be "Right-click & copy A24, then paste back into Hex file overwriting original line:"

Last edited:
You are welcome.

Did you use the Open Office .ods version, or the exported Microsoft Excel .xls version?

I don't have MS Excel to try it on, so I am interested to see if the export works correctly.

It should look something like this if the export is successful (I had a message warning about the formatting)

Attachments

• Checksum_Calc.png
    Checksum_Calc.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back