Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please how can I rectify this? The USB terminal have developed fault so I cut it out.

Attachments

• 16449990355386168455391936113025.jpg
    16449990355386168455391936113025.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 189
You need to provide more information, what it is supposed to do & connect to?

It's obviously a gadget with photovoltaic cells, but other than that ????

It is to be connected to this USB wire to charge a phone, I was using it to charge my phone before it developed fault and refused to charge anymore, that was why I decided to cut the head terminal

Attachments

• 16450446120532222025513765787406.jpg
    16450446120532222025513765787406.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 180
OK, your first image shows a Red and Black wire, two wires off the solar panel. A Google of "USB Pinout" will bring up a few dozen images. Your cable shows a USB A (Large) and USB mini or micro which likely is where it connects to your phone. Note the connector pinout and where the power pins are (the outermost) on a standard USB A connector. If you cut off the connector end which connected to your panel note the pins. The cable may even use the same red and black color scheme. You are only using two of the four wires.

Ron

Exactly most of the USB outlet I saw on Google are having four pins, and my solar panel wire is just two red and black. So I can connect my solar panel wire which is two red and black to the four pin USB outlet?

Yes, I covered that. USB 2.0 consist of four lines, two are power and two are data. You have no need for the data lines leaving two power lines. I gave you what to Google for your connector. Let's not make this complicated.

Ron

You're welcome and best of luck.

Ron

Please can you help me on how to open or dismantle kamsafe mini rechargeable touchlight that looks sealed has no any access to opening. I want to check inside for repair.

kamsafe mini rechargeable touchlight
There are many very different models, from that description?

It's usually a matter of examining the item and working out how it was originally assembled.

Not everything can be dismantled without cutting or breaking parts, as the makers want to sell another when one is worn out.

I understand, because this very one looks completely sealed no any visible way to open it, it looks like it's glued and it is mini so am thinking of cutting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back