Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Initialising AT89X52

Status
Not open for further replies.

premkumar9

Hi,
Can anybody send me details on initializing SFRs of 89S52 for serial communication? I mean what are the SFRs and bits to be initialized for different modes of operation?

Hi,
i am making an obstacle detector robot as my final yr. project. it uses 89s52. i want to know if i can directly connect my ir sensor which uses tsop i.e the tsop output to the microcontroller directly or do i need an adc converter. and if then to which pin of 89s52. plz reply

Last edited:
Hi,
Can anybody send me details on initializing SFRs of 89S52 for serial communication? I mean what are the SFRs and bits to be initialized for different modes of operation?
Hi. See this.
**broken link removed**
Hi,
i am making an obstacle detector robot as my final yr. project. it uses 89s52. i want to know if i can directly connect my ir sensor which uses tsop i.e the tsop output to the microcontroller directly or do i need an adc converter. and if then to which pin of 89s52. plz reply
You need to create your own thread for your own topics...

Hi. See this.
**broken link removed**
I couldn't connect to that link. Anyway thank you for the response. I could get the required details from the data sheet from ATMEL. In fact I used serial communication with some other 8051 family MCs like 89C2051 earlier. For that I got initializing details from a text book. It is my mistake that I didn't go through the data sheet fully before posting this question.

Hi,

If you need to sense only the presence OR absence of light (only 2 levels) then there is no need for an ADC.
The MC needs digital signal as input (either high OR low). So you need to covert the input to this level and give to the MC input.

All port pins can be used either as input OR output. So you can choose any of those pins as per you your convenience.

From your questions it seems to me that you need to gain some more knowledge on MC before starting the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back