Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfrost

Greetings everyone,

I am constructing this circuit as a hobby and I needed some guidance. I found a simple circuit in https://home.maine.rr.com/randylinscott/aug98.htm

Firstly, I wanted to know whether this circuit will work as I do not want to waste money on a circuit that doesnt work well.

2. I have some problems reading this circuit. Where will the output of NAND gate B,C and D connected to?

3. I am using a 240V AC as my mains supply. Therefore I need to modify the circuit of the second diagram. But I do not know how to modify it. Kindly please help me to design a suitable circuit for it.

[/img]
Any help wold be greatly appreciately.

Attachments

• ir_964.gif
    ir_964.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 746
2. B, C, D, gates unused and for lower power consumption the inputs connected to GND.
3. No need circuit modification, just apply a trafo with 230V primary and min. 600V triac.

It's an optocoupler with triac output. Any type good for this application e.g. MOC 3021, or MOC3041 with zerocross switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back