Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Infrared proximity detector 2011-09-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

3lectrix

3lectrix submitted a new article:

Infrared Proximity Detector - This proximity detector using an infrared detector (Fig. 1) can be used in various equipment like a

This proximity detector using an infrared detector (Fig. 1) can be used in various equipment like automatic door openers and burglar alarms. The circuit primarily consists of an infrared transmitter and an infrared receiver. The transmitter section consists of a 555 timer IC functioning in astable mode. It is wired as shown in the figure. The output from astable is fed to an infrared LED via resistor R4, which limits its operating current. This circuit provides a frequency output of 38 kHz at...

Read more about this article...

Why don't you just reference the link that you copied this from, so the guy can get the potential income from his web site?
Of course, he might have copied it from somewhere else.:rolleyes:

Funny enough I didn't use either of those links. I have a collection of circuits on my hard drive that are from god-knows where however, most of these circuits are duplicated all over the internet multiple times so i just thought that ETO may as well have them too (I'll PM ElectroMaster about it though just for good standing). I do plan to develope this circuit further, firstly I will build it and then add the working images to it and more comments.

I personally feel that you should test circuits before you post them here. There are nonworking circuits all over the internet that multiply like viruses when people copy and post them without testing them first. Witness your Power Supply Failure Alarm. You do more harm than good by posting nonworking circuits.

EDIT: I am not implying that this circuit doesn't work.

The circuits should be checked for errors BEFORE you post them as Articles

Why don't you just reference the link that you copied this from, so the guy can get the potential income from his web site?
Of course, he might have copied it from somewhere else.:rolleyes:

Once something is posted on an internet site "IT IS PUBLIC"
No rights can be claimed regardless of various countries and organisations of people trying
You may copy and distribute it as you wish

Once something is posted on an internet site "IT IS PUBLIC"
No rights can be claimed regardless of various countries and organisations of people trying
You may copy and distribute it as you wish
That is a widely held belief but it is not the case. The copyright owner still has rights, unless they have explicitly relinquished them, and can sue for infringement. If property of yours was stolen you would nor lose your ownership of it.

Well maybe the law is different in England hey?
I doubt it -Are you familiar with any case law you can cite?

Once you make something public there are no attached conditions unless you try to attach some at the time.
Then its a matter of how good the condition you seek to attach is in the country you wish to enforce it.

If I give my property away I lose title to it.

Well maybe the law is different in England hey?
Yes, it is. In the UK (and Europe in general), copyright is automatically acquired when a work is produced by an author. In the US (correct me if I'm wrong) the author actually has to apply for copyright protection.
If I give my property away I lose title to it.
That also applies in the UK. As I said, "The copyright owner still has rights, unless they have explicitly relinquished them", i.e. given the intellectual property away.

This method will give long range of sensing. if we go more voltage the range will increase upto 10meters. but ensure that the circuit will not damage.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back