Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inductor Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

On a FM circuit that i built, i have an inductor that is 'bout an inch away from the capacitor that together forms an lc circuit. The circuit doesn't work when I put it up to a field strength meter. Should the inductor be closer to the cap?

zachtheterrible said:
On a FM circuit that i built, i have an inductor that is 'bout an inch away from the capacitor that together forms an lc circuit. The circuit doesn't work when I put it up to a field strength meter. Should the inductor be closer to the cap?

An inch shouldn't be too much of a problem, at worst it will shift the frequency slightly - but why do you expect a field strength meter to read anything?, is the coil part of a working transmitter?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back