Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Induction Heating for Layman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menticol

Hello again!

We are working on an Industrial Design Project, about Induction Cooking. I've been designed as the "Technological consultant" for the project (they assume that every person interested in electronics automatically becomes an expert consultant)

Anyway, I told them that importing the technology would be easier than building it locally (South America). PCB's and coils would be chinese, and then our hypothetical facility just import and put the parts together.

How much do you think this module may cost? (check the attached image). Remember, this is just theoretical and for absolute layman people, so any personal opinion (even non technical) will be well received.

This is my imaginary Price List (for a 100 "modules" order). Modify as you wish!

Coil: 1 USD
Air Fan: 2 USD
Assembled PCB's (Including IC's, transformers, capacitors etc): 10 USD
Wiring: 0,5 USD
Heat Sink: 0,3 USD

PS: Our hypothetical facility also does the plastic injection for the base, so the price for the plastic parts is not relevant

Attachments

• inside+an+induction+cooker.jpg
    inside+an+induction+cooker.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,839
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back