Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Induction Furnace

Status
Not open for further replies.

meanu

Hello ElectroTech Community

I want to build an Induction Furnace for Hobby Foundary work. Current information.

1. Incoming Power 415V 3 Phase 16 Sq mm Mains.

2. I have collected an number of components so far eg

1000V 75A IGBTs,
40 A 3 Phase Bridge Rectifier,
High Current Diodes
High Current SCRs

Refrigeration components for the cooling of the heat sunk electronics and Induction Coil and many more smaller components.

3. A foundary friend of mine runs a new commercial 125kW [Cast Iron] and 75 kW [Non Ferrous] Induction Furnace for a Technical College. The operating frequencies vary between 2.5 -3.5 kHz.

4. I also noticed a member MOSFET KILLER was building a 10 kW unit but he has gone off the radar.

Question ?

Has anyone else built a unit in the 10 -12.5 kW Range ? as I would like to contact them.

Kind regards

meanu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back