Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increasing 386 output

Status
Not open for further replies.
joecool85 said:
you mean according to which direction the LED is facing?
Both diodes must have opposing polarities so swap them to change whether the LED lights continuously or not.

The LEDs probably won't emit enough light to see, since you are only driving microamps into them.

Audioguru (and anyone else), I made a symbol for an NPN Darlington for SwitcherCAD. Copy the code below into a file called npndarlington.asy and save it in C:\Program Files\LTC\SwCADIII\lib\sym\Misc.
Code:
Version 4
SymbolType BLOCK
LINE Normal -16 0 0 0
LINE Normal 0 32 0 -32
LINE Normal 64 -48 0 -16
LINE Normal 64 48 0 16
LINE Normal 48 32 64 48
LINE Normal 42 44 48 32
LINE Normal 64 48 42 44
LINE Normal 64 48 80 48
LINE Normal 80 80 80 16
LINE Normal 144 0 80 32
LINE Normal 144 96 80 64
LINE Normal 128 80 144 96
LINE Normal 122 92 128 80
LINE Normal 144 96 122 92
LINE Normal 144 -48 64 -48
LINE Normal 144 0 144 -48
SYMATTR Prefix X
SYMATTR Description NPN Darlington
PIN 144 -48 NONE 8
PINATTR PinName C
PINATTR SpiceOrder 1
PIN -16 0 NONE 8
PINATTR PinName B
PINATTR SpiceOrder 2
PIN 144 96 NONE 8
PINATTR PinName E
PINATTR SpiceOrder 3
Copy the code below into a file called mpsa13.sub and save it in C:\Program Files\LTC\SwCADIII\lib\sub.
Code:
*Si 625mW 30V 500mA pkg:TO-92B 1,2,3 
.SUBCKT MPSA13 1 2 3 
Q1 1 2 4 QMOD .1 
Q2 1 4 3 QMOD 
.MODEL QMOD NPN (IS=360F NF=1 BF=337 VAF=98.6 IKF=.5 ISE=637F NE=2 
+ BR=4 NR=1 VAR=40 IKR=.75 RE=3.5 RB=14 RC=1.4 XTB=1.5 
+ CJE=133P VJE=.74 MJE=.45 CJC=14.1P VJC=1.1 MJC=.24 TF=1.27323N TR=17.4N) 
.ENDS MPSA13
Click on the .op icon on the toolbar and enter ".lib mpsa13.sub". Place this on the schematic.
Place the NPN darlington symbol on the schematic, right-click on it, and enter "mpsa13" in the SpiceModel line. You might want to make this visible.

joecool85 said:
With the bazzfuss circuit the LED emits enough light (when playing it goes along with how hard you are playing).

http://home-wrecker.com/bazz.html
Hi Joe,
I would not want to play my very low distortion stereo through one of those circuits. :cry:
The fuzz term, "octave-doubler" describes even harmonics since the 2nd harmonic is one octave above the original, then the 4th harmonic is another octave above.

Well...this is designed to mess with the sound of a guitar and add distortion/fuzz, not to be used with hifi audio equiptment :roll:

Ron H said:
I made a symbol for an NPN Darlington for SwitcherCAD.
Thanks Ron. I haven't read the SwCADIII op instructions yet so I can't even find a toolbar, nor a .op icon. But I got it and now I can play around with the extremely low distortion "Liniac" by John Lindsey Hood, instead of these awful-sounding fuzz-boxes. :lol:

Attachments

• npn_darlington.png
    npn_darlington.png
    2 KB · Views: 335
audioguru said:
Ron H said:
I made a symbol for an NPN Darlington for SwitcherCAD.
Thanks Ron. I haven't read the SwCADIII op instructions yet so I can't even find a toolbar, nor a .op icon. But I got it and now I can play around with the extremely low distortion "Liniac" by John Lindsey Hood, instead of these awful-sounding fuzz-boxes. :lol:
The toolbar is at the top of the schematic window. The ".op" icon is at the far right hand end. ".op" is short for ".options". If you have never run Spice sims before, that might not mean much to you.

I don't know much about electronics, but I do develop a graphical editing framework as my full time job. I found SIMetrix software infinitely more efficient at dropping and moving around components in a schematic (when compared to SwCadIII). Perhaps the latter excels in the simulation arena?

dinofx said:
I don't know much about electronics, but I do develop a graphical editing framework as my full time job. I found SIMetrix software infinitely more efficient at dropping and moving around components in a schematic (when compared to SwCadIII). Perhaps the latter excels in the simulation arena?
I'll agree that SWCAD doesn't have the greatest schematic editor, but it is a pretty good simulator, it is FREE, and it is not castrated in any way. This is not the case for any evaluation versions of Spice that I have seen, and that's the main reason I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back