Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increase a Walkie talkie wattage output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not been active now for a good many years, and I only ever used VHF and UHF - but using short-wave you can get all round the world.
All around the world, amazing!

Assuming you could learn morse code (I couldn't be bothered :D) then you can build very simple and easy equipment that will allow you to communicate over vast distances.
I think some simple morse code encoder-decoder software is easy way of alternative. :)

But for VHF/UHF you can buy VERY cheap but excellent gear, such as this:
https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-...-Transceiver-Radio-Walkie-Talkie-p-61066.html

I actually bought one, even though I'm not active (it was too cheap to turn down) - but a friend borrowed it, and I've not seen it since :D

It seems VERY interesting and REALLY advanced transceiver with amazing features, wow! If I could be there! A person needs at least two transceiver (US$ 60) and shipping charge to my part of the world cost approx US$ 50 ( according to digikey's rate :) ) so total US$ 110. I recently got a middle class government job and I need 20 whole days to get it (to earn the amount). It is not sounds cheap to me/to my cheapest part of the world. That is way I am far from American cheap parts and that's way I always see for DIY schematics. :)

Last edited:
Try getting a copy of the AARL Handbook. MUCHO information!
LOTS to learn in that book. There's free downloads available on the net.
I just got a copy of the 2010 edition. It's 5 years old, but not outdated by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back