Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Including a solar cell to LED strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwells7504

Hi,

I'm a making a project and I've been looking into using LED strip. I don't really know anything about it.

I'm only using about 30cm. How do I add a battery / a switch/ anything else that is needed?

Also, for this project it's compulsory that i include a small solar cell. It doesn't have to work, would it be possible to add one?

Many thanks!

Since the project is compulsory, ask your teacher how to do it.

How do I add a battery / a switch/ anything else that is needed?

You first do a lot of reading on what you want to do. How much reading have you done?

I don't really know anything about it.

I know you don't want "us" to do it for you, but I don't know how to help you if you really don't know anything about it...shouldn't you try to learn something about it first, before you ask how to do it?

Also, for this project it's compulsory that i include a small solar cell. It doesn't have to work, would it be possible to add one?

Ok, I can answer that one. Sure, it is possible. Since it doesn't have to work, just lay it down near whatever else you have and don't connect it to anything - that way the compulsory requirement is fulfilled.

Alright, enough of this. Go spend an hour online looking at simple LED strip circuits. Every time you get stuck, go backwards on the stuck part.... If you don't know how to connect it to a battery, search "how to connect an LED strip to a battery", if you get stuck on that, search for "what is a battery"....and so on.

I'm not kidding you - one hour, then come back an ask a question that demonstrates that you know something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back