Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inchworm+ problem - verify failed Adr = 0x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflex

Hi, can somebody help me?

I'm getting the following error, when i try to program a pic18f2580:
ICD0161: Verify failed (MemType = Program, Address = 0x2, Expected Val = 0x0, Val Read = 0xD0)

I've tried 2 different devices and the error occurs on both. The eeprom is written ok. When i try to write only the config bits, it also fails on the second write...

Thanks for any hints!

Here is the output from mplab:
Code:
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Reading...
ICDWarn0038:  When using auto-calculate write range, reads cover the entire memory range. Do you wish to continue?
...EEPROM
...Program Memory (0x0 - 0x7FFF)
.. Config Memory
...User ID Memory
...Read Succeeded
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Programming Target...
...Validating configuration fields
...Erasing Part
...Programming EEPROM Memory
...Programming Program Memory (0x0 - 0x23F)
Verifying...
...Program Memory
ICD0161: Verify failed (MemType = Program, Address = 0x2, Expected Val = 0x0, Val Read = 0xD0)
ICD0275:  Programming failed.
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Hmm sounds like it's not connected to the target properly. How do you have it connected to the 18F2580? Is it in circuit or on a breadboard?

Hmm, I changed the final VPP cap on some kits to 4.7uF. It may be too small and I'll have to use 22uF like on the older kits. Do you have a spare 10uF 16V cap (just parallel it across)

i only have 15µ, but the error is the same.

I've also replaced it with a 22µ and more errors was the result :(

Hmm, do you have MPLAB set to automatically download new firmware? Which version of MPLAB are you using? Is the target running at 5V?

Last edited:
i've tried it with Mplab 8.36 and 7.6
Firmware download happens, when i switch to a different Mplab.
Target is running on 5V.

When programming it only writes 3 commands: first is correct, second is wrong and fails during verify, and the third is also wrong.
It's also the same, if i try to program only the configuration area.

i have 2 identical prototype boards here - on both the same problem...
the pic's are soldered, so i cannot change them

There is nothing connected on pgc & pgd (please see attachment).
Programming cable is 3" long.

Attachments

• Capture3.png
    Capture3.png
    49 KB · Views: 152
The 1x6 ICD pinout is somewhat different than the Inchworms. Did you modify your Inchworm cable?
Yours is
VPP,GND,+5,NC,PGC,PGD
Inchworm is
VPP,+5,GND,PGD,PGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back