Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In car FM transmiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubberDucky

Hya all,
i was thinking about buliding an fm transmitter that connects to the cigarate lighter in the car, can i use a regular fm microphone design?
how do i convert it to use 12v supply? would i still need the antena?
should i worry about the input rating? :?:

RubberDucky said:
can i use a regular fm microphone design?
It depends on whether the transmitter design will do whatever you need.
Maybe it won't have enough RF power.

how do i convert it to use 12v supply?
Purchase or make a voltage reducing circuit. A voltage regulator IC circuit would be easy.

would i still need the antena?
Think about the purpose of the antenna.

should i worry about the input rating?
Supply voltage input? Of course, it might smoke if the supply voltage is too high for the design.
Feeding line level from a CD player or something into a low-level microphone input? What do you think the transmission of a terribly over-driven microphone preamp would sound like on an FM radio? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back