Improved Charliplexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICMICRO

While learning about charliplexing, I realized that we could easily add 2n Leds to standard n*(n-1) Leds for n I/O pins, making total LED = 2n + n*(n-1) = n(2+n-1) = n(n+1)
Here is how,

View attachment 65542

Let me know if it is already a well known method and if it has any name?

:

Opps shame on me!
How could I not see that all the way through the process of creating, then uploading then posting it.

I hope someone deleted this thread, and saved me some shame

The only method that I like is multiplexing.No any other method that I prefer in practical manners.& do not like to stick with same type/rating LED's & messy wiring etc.......

Lazy man! Saying one word then telling people to go google it.

To save others, here is something from this forum on it;
"Charlieplexing allows us drive any unique LED in a matrix by setting two pins lo/hi. Gugaplexing uses a handful of transistors as tri-state invertors and allows us to drive additional unique LEDs in a matrix by setting two pins hi/hi or lo/lo. As with Charlieplexing, all other pins will be tri-stated."

Lazy man! Saying one word then telling people to go google it.
Sounds similar to something you've done quite recently... A simple quick comment without context... Fortunately, no one resorted to name calling as you've just done here. Where are your manners?

Mike, it was said with a smile and a wink, and was just as much poking fun at myself because I too wrote a single word response; "Gugaplexing?".

Unfortunately the new forum emoticons are very tiny and much of the facial expression (and communication) is lost, I much preferred the old larger icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…