Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Improved Charliplexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICMICRO

While learning about charliplexing, I realized that we could easily add 2n Leds to standard n*(n-1) Leds for n I/O pins, making total LED = 2n + n*(n-1) = n(2+n-1) = n(n+1)
Here is how,

View attachment 65542

Let me know if it is already a well known method and if it has any name?

:

:eek:
Opps shame on me!
How could I not see that all the way through the process of creating, then uploading then posting it.
I hope someone deleted this thread, and saved me some shame

Gugaplexing works

Lazy man! Saying one word then telling people to go google it. ;)

To save others, here is something from this forum on it;
"Charlieplexing allows us drive any unique LED in a matrix by setting two pins lo/hi. Gugaplexing uses a handful of transistors as tri-state invertors and allows us to drive additional unique LEDs in a matrix by setting two pins hi/hi or lo/lo. As with Charlieplexing, all other pins will be tri-stated."

Lazy man! Saying one word then telling people to go google it. ;)
Sounds similar to something you've done quite recently... A simple quick comment without context... Fortunately, no one resorted to name calling as you've just done here. Where are your manners?

Mike, it was said with a smile and a wink, and was just as much poking fun at myself because I too wrote a single word response; "Gugaplexing?".
;)

Unfortunately the new forum emoticons are very tiny and much of the facial expression (and communication) is lost, I much preferred the old larger icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back