Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Important features to have on 18F4620 Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCD backlight cathod is now connected to the 2x5 and the annode to +5.
The pdf fils is a foil pattern that can be printed and etched. The zip file contains the Eagle sch and brd files.
1b1_sch-png.19683
1b1_brd-png.19689

Attachments

• 1b1_brd.png
    1b1_brd.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 195
  • LCD_4Bit_16_TO_10_ADAPT_1B1.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 91
  • LCD_4Bit_16_TO_10_ADAPT_1B1.pdf
    12.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the pullup on RS?

Also, would a pull down on RW make sense for code that uses delays rather than checking the busy flag.

Mike.

Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the pullup on RS?
It has been a while. I think the pullup on RS is there because it connected to A4 (open collector output) on the original application. In general it makes more sense to place that pullup on the target. That way the pullup will be there regardless of how the signals are brought out to the connector.

Also, would a pull down on RW make sense for code that uses delays rather than checking the busy flag.
Mike.
Yes. There is room of it between the pot and the LCD connector.

Also the contrast resistor(s) may be muffed up or at least simplified. The documentation I am looking at shows a single variable resistor between pin 3 and GND. I have the pot wired up as a voltage divider splitting VCC and GND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back