Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

impedence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impedence is the total opposition to the flow of current offered by a circuit. Impedence consists of the the vector sum of resistance and reactance. Reactance is the opposition to current flow without the dissipation of energy. Resistance is the opposition to current flow and dissipation of energy in the form of heat. I hope you get your answer !

Impedence is really a complex number with a real component and an imaginary component. Resistance is impedence when it is just a real number and there is "zero" or no imaginary component.

It's kinda weird. The real part is kinda of obvious. It just resists current flow and causes things to heat up. The imaginary part kind of does the same thing, but not in completley the same way. It also causes the current to be out of phase with the voltage passing through the impedence. It is not involved in heating things up.

I understand impedance, I'm having trouble with the complex number's =) I can understand intuitvly after a time now how capacitance and inductances work, as they're effectivly a phase change delay in the energy being transmitted through varrying mediums with varying energy interrelations and transmitance methods, a capactor stores the build up of electrons in a purely electric field, and an inductor stores them in the magnetic field. (Thier interelation even after years is still hard for me but that's RF, a seperate field of study almost) Can you offering any of your understanding or links related to figuring out the math?
I'm highly intelligent but not very well educated, it's a curse, in many ways.
I think I have trouble understanding it with periodic wave's like the sine wave unless it's described using a circle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back