Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ill-Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescyou

I'm somewhat mosfet challenged... What should I be looking at within a mosfets datasheet to determine if it is drivable by a logic level type input? I use IRL520's quite a bit but they are overkill in a lot of cases, but I use them because I'm familiar with them.. and I haven't melted any of them as of yet.

Resc.

Not so Ill-Logic

Just comparing a few data sheets leads me to believe that the gate threshold voltage must be within the range of the logic output. TTL being the case would be something under 5v. Is this a correct assumption?

Resc.

Well, that only tells half the story. If the part isn't spec'ed for 5v gate drive, then you can't be sure. Most MOSFET mfrs have a line of logic level MOSFETs. A Google search for "logic level MOSFET" will yield a wealth of links.

Stuff

I've been doing that in some of the major distributors, but the search's aren't coming up with much. Take Digikey for instance, they only list 1 mosfet after searching for "logic level" even though they have quite a few. But I guess I'm going to have to search the general web for them and then search the numbers in the distributors.

Resc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back