Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IGBT or MOSFET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archit

Hello people!
I am working on a topology that requires 10A as drain current and 800V as blocking voltage. Also, I want switching frequency to be 175KHz. Is there any IGBT or MOSFET available? Please help me guys. I am a newbie.... Thanking in anticipation.
Edit1- I found DMOS to be helpful.

Last edited:
You should have no issues finding 800V, 900V or even higher voltage mosfets and IGBTs. However at 175kHz I think the mosfet will win in efficiency, but you can do the calculations and see what switching losses and conduction losses you get.

Is there any IGBT or MOSFET available?
There are many companies that sale parts. Go to one and use their search engine.
**broken link removed**
If that address does not work then:
Digikey.com
Enter "mosfet"
Choose discreet part.
I click on "active" parts and "in stock"
There is a window for voltage I set to 800 to 1000 volts and in another window 10A to 20A.
Next you can pick what case size or other things.

Mouser.com is also good.

This is a good way to search for parts. You can see the price. You can see how many parts are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back