Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If i understand this stuff does it mean i have a relatively high IQ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not necessarily, you could be an "also ran" with a knack for making PIC clocks. :)

JimB

Hello everybody.

I have just had an idea about testing my level of IQ intelligence quotient and explore how far i can go whatever field it would be.

This is something i was working on in my school years and i got to say that i have had a stable learning curve on it.

here is a link to the stuff ive been working on on my school years :

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/days-settings-problem-pic-based-lcd-clock.139062/

Since I understand it but I am not trusted with car keys, a credit card, power tools, sharp tools or any unsupervised labor, I would assume the answer is, no.

A high IQ because you created a PIC clock? I think not. Now, if you created time, well, then we can talk.

IQ test results don't mean much:
A professor got a flat tyre in a heavy storm, by the side of the local asylum. He jacked up his vehicle and took off the wheel nuts, placing them in the up-turned hub cap. Off came the wheel, which was then placed underneath the vehicle, in case the jack slipped. As he retrieved the spare wheel from the trunk, a gust of wind came and blew the hub cap down the hill, scattering the wheel nuts to never be seen again.
He stood and exclaimed out loud, in frustration, "What the hell am I going to do now?"
A voice from over the wall said "Take one nut from each of the other wheels and secure your spare wheel with them. Each wheel will now have three nuts, and will still get you home safely."
The professor replied "Wow, that's genius!"
The voice replied "I may be crazy, but I'm not dumb!"

IQ test results don't mean much:
A professor got a flat tyre in a heavy storm, by the side of the local asylum. He jacked up his vehicle and took off the wheel nuts, placing them in the up-turned hub cap. Off came the wheel, which was then placed underneath the vehicle, in case the jack slipped. As he retrieved the spare wheel from the trunk, a gust of wind came and blew the hub cap down the hill, scattering the wheel nuts to never be seen again.
He stood and exclaimed out loud, in frustration, "What the hell am I going to do now?"
A voice from over the wall said "Take one nut from each of the other wheels and secure your spare wheel with them. Each wheel will now have three nuts, and will still get you home safely."
The professor replied "Wow, that's genius!"
The voice replied "I may be crazy, but I'm not dumb!"

Interesting story. By the end, some nuts were freed and never to be seen again, some nuts were forcibly relocated, some nuts were forced to withstand 33% more of the load and one claimed he wasn't dumb.

And, if you've ever been around an asylum, you'll know this research was obvious, which makes your story, nonsense.

No it doesn't mean any such thing - your 'IQ' is determined by a specific series and types of tests - if you happen to be good at those kinds of tests, then you are deemed to have a high IQ. Nothing to do with how clever you might be, or how good at some specific exercise (such as electronics).

My younger brother used to a member of MENSA, no idea if he still is, but I never saw the point in applying?.

I suspect certain autistic people could be VERY good at IQ tests, where they might not function well in normal life. A friend has a fostered teenager, who is severely autistic (among other things) but is rated highly in the European and World Pokemon championships - which might sound nothing 'great', but when you see the potential prize money it's a different story (he's already had wins in the thousands).

Ok guys am just from morocco and dont understand developped english quite well.
Am not trying to show up as super duper smart. am just trying to exploit my current IQ and get over my mental illness.

Last edited:
My younger brother used to a member of MENSA...

"...used to a member..."?
I'm sure he is a good brother. Did he wait for your short school bus to drop you off after school each day?

Ok i guess that Iq or the ability to understand hard topics has nothing to do with mental illness like schizophrenia.

I hope it stays the same.

Ok i guess that Iq or the ability to understand hard topics has nothing to do with mental illness like schizophrenia.

I hope it stays the same.

I know several people with mental illness and, i can assure you, if your illness and/or meds let you concentrate long enough to get your thoughts in order, you'll be fine. If your meds keep you too drowsy or hyper to concentrate, tell your doc about your goals and need for different doses or different meds.

I know several people with mental illness and, i can assure you, if your illness and/or meds let you concentrate long enough to get your thoughts in order, you'll be fine. If your meds keep you too drowsy or hyper to concentrate, tell your doc about your goals and need for different doses or different meds.
Thanks for your assurance bro. I take my meds everyday its just this tought that is a little bit annoying over time .

Am waiting anxtiously for my next randez-vous with my psychiatrist.

thanks everybody for your sweet sarcasm.;)

Thanks for your assurance bro. I take my meds everyday its just this tought that is a little bit annoying over time .

Am waiting anxtiously for my next randez-vous with my psychiatrist.

thanks everybody for your sweet sarcasm.;)

Thanks for graciously putting up with our sarcasm.

Not sure what IQ really means, but memorization messes up nearly every exam I took. I think I did have an IQ test somewhere. Maybe I'll have to look up the number. Any calculus test was very dependent on memorization. Once I worked on that difeiciency, I went from a 1.6 GP to a 4.0 GPA in different colleges.. High school, I had a 3.8 GPA in my senior year.

It became apparent when looking at courses I had trouble with:
History (3rd grade+)
Trig (high school)
Music/Playing an instrument.
German (High school)
Calculus and Differential equations (Coledge)

It's not trouble with Math, but trouble remembering all of the rules.

With research that memory is either visual, verbal or kinestecic, I had to push everything into a kinestetic learning mode. This means reppitition or how one might learn to ride a bike the first time.

A geared bike has a few different rules.

Driving a car with a clutch the first time.
Easy to go to a motorcycle.
Easy to go to 3 on the tree instead of 4 on the floor.
Easy to drive a tractor-trailer with some instruction. air brakes, have to double-clutch every gear.
Clutch to get out of gear. Clutch to get in gear.

I was faced with driving a pickup with a clutch. The first prooblem was figuring out where the gears are. They were not marked. I could drive that with no additional help.

You have to watch familiar things having different meanings. The old floor style high beam switch is the start switch on a farm tracctor.
The farm tractor has left and right independent brakes. The brake pedal in the tractor-trailer looked like an accelerator pedal in a passenger car.

Now, could I get an airplane off the ground or drive a tank https://www.themanual.com/culture/drive-a-tank-experience/ without instruction. Highly doubt it.

We've been hiring some household help and they can't:

Seem to put dry dishes on the shelves,
Stack dishes from the widest to the smallest.
Put like dishes with like dishes.
Put a spoon in the area that has a silhouette of a spoon (goes for knives, forks, spoons)
Clean out the sink strainer.
Wash a dish. I didn;t think I had to worry about that until I happened to be watching. For them to wash anything, you take a wet wash cloth and add a 1/3 treaspoon of detergent to the rag and wash. 1/4 teaspoon of soap in a dishpan can do all of the dishes. It uses up detergent in a hurry. So, I have to now pay attention to that to.

most of this you should be able to do when your 3 years old, Not unable to do when your 18-25 YO.

Seem to put dry dishes on the shelves,
Stack dishes from the widest to the smallest.
Put like dishes with like dishes.
Put a spoon in the area that has a silhouette of a spoon (goes for knives, forks, spoons)
Clean out the sink strainer.
Wash a dish. I didn;t think I had to worry about that until I happened to be watching. For them to wash anything, you take a wet wash cloth and add a 1/3 treaspoon of detergent to the rag and wash. 1/4 teaspoon of soap in a dishpan can do all of the dishes. It uses up detergent in a hurry. So, I have to now pay attention to that to.

Sounds like the employer needs to either
1) implement a better/longer training program for new staff.
2) lower their expectations of employees, or
3) give up, fire the domestic help, do it themselves.
4) leave things "as-is" and continue complaining about young people.

I love when people think "management jobs" are easy. It takes a lot of work to heard cats, I mean, manage people.

Last edited:
Sounds like the employer needs to either
1) implement a better/longer training program for new staff.
2) lower their expectations of employees, or
3) give up, fire the domestic help, do it themselves.
4) leave things "as-is" and continue complaining about young people.

I love when people think "management jobs" are easy. It takes a lot of work to heard cats, I mean, manage people.
same applies to repair jobs.

I was involved in trying to find an engineer to fill a post a while back.
Based on what I saw you are reasonably intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back