Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identifying the fuse on a circuit board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpyoung33

Can somebody point out the fuse on this circuit board?

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Bigger pictures and rotate the pictures in proper position would help.

No I can't, the pictures is too small.

Can't see anything obvious at first glance, may need more pics.

Follow the wires from the transformer and also look at the white text on the silkscreen... Resistors are designated "R1", "R2" etc. Capacitors are designated "C1", "C2" etc. Switches are designated "SW1", "SW2" etc. IC's are designated "U1", "U2" etc. Transistors are designated "Q1", "Q2" etc........

Is there anything labelled with an "F" ?

Regards.

^^ Can you describe, or even better, indicate where please?

EDIT: Sorry, that was directed at diyvn.net...

Last edited:
This is on the amp circuit board

**broken link removed**

Let me go into a little detail that might help. These pictures are of an Ion Audio IPA17 portable speaker circuit board. The speaker will power up and play when plugged into the wall but will not play on battery power. I bought this off ebay as not working for parts only. When I was taking the unit apart I dropped a small screw driver on the circuit board and now the battery won't power up. I've tested the battery and it is charged up. I'm guessing the fuse blew somewhere since there was a small spark when it happened.

Can you check it with a meter set to Ohms on the lowest scale?

Connect your meter probes together and observe the meter reading. You should likely observe less than one Ohm, unless your probes are quite dirty!

Connect the probes across "FB1" and observe the reading. If the suspected "FB1" fuse is intact, you should see a similar reading as that above.

If the suspected "FB1" is blown, you may see "OL" or an infinty symbol, depending upon your meter.

Regards.

EDIT: Cross posting....

Last edited:
What does your battery look like?
Where does it connect to the board?

The ferrite bead is used to reduce RF emissions and prevent oscillations. They never go bad. There does not seem to be a fuse on the PCBs......what makes you think there is one? Many times the fuse will be in the AC connector on the chassis (the place where the AC cord plugs in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back