Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

identifying atmel chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezemenot

hello,

i recently got an atmel micro-controller. i downloaded its datasheet
from the internet...to my horror i found out that the pin
configuration of each of the controller change with their package
specifications. so i scanned my controller to find package number
which was unsuccessful. the controller is 40 pin.

the ******** printed on my micro-controller is:

on the top side:
at89c51ed2 -im
0631-6f5912

at the bottom side:
PH
G6F5912

can somebody pls help me out identify which damn package is this n
where could i find its pin configurations and its datasheet

I'm not sure if this is what you want but it's Atmel's own flash based micro with an 8051 core. It's pin-compatible with everyone else's 8051 chips.

Try googling for at89c51 or if that doesn't get you a datasheet there's loads of stuff for general 8051 chips.

Does this help or am I missing the point?

nopes...the story is....
i built all the ckt which was tobe interfaced to my at89c51ed2 controller. for this i need to identify the pins(eg:the 3rd pin is port1.3). for this i reffered to the datasheet tat i downloaded frm the net. now the controller tat i have is a 40 pin one. all those shown in the datasheet are either 44-pin or 68 pin. Searching for this particular datasheet has almost convinced me that the controller that i got was created during the 'stone age'...can u pls help.....

(only if i could stick some more pins to make it 44 ;-)..)

You should be happy as Atmel has stopped making them.

They are pin compatible with the 80C51 so you can use the pinout of 80c51 instead.

Many people can only obtain them in 44-pin PLCC package and so were looking everywhere for 40-pin package version.

Perhaps you can do them a favour by telling them where these 40-pin version is still sold.

use ATMEL FLIP

What you have is a 40 pin 8051 device with 64K flash memory, with dual data pointers and an ISP programming interface. (lots of other stuff too)

They are good devices! I use them all the time. The best thing is that the ISP programming interface uses the uart pins already wired to a Max 232 circuit on most boards.

To program it you can use flip from atmel. This program works well in windows and also can be run by command line (batch files with cmd files)

Do a search for FLIP (Flexible In System Programmer) on the atmel website.

If you can't find the datasheet for that particular device, let me know I have it.

You can also get the Temic T89C51RD2 datasheet which is very similar (not 100%, but the pinout is exactly the same)

Last edited:
I have revision F of the datasheet. It clearly shows the part with the IM suffix as a 40 pin DIP Package. The current revision on the datasheet is "I" so I guess unless you have a way of getting an older copy of the datasheet you'll just have to go with the previous suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back