Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify this capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyit98

Can anyone identify what type of capacitor this is? Is a polyester film an acceptable replacement for it?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 127
What circuit is it from?

A polyester film cap would likely work ok as a replacement.

Yeah I forgot to mention that, sorry. It's from an 1967 AM radio from my car. The radio powers up and I hear static, but can not pull in any signal. So I thought I would start by replacing all of the electrolytic capacitors, and since I was placing an order I thought I would include this one as well...

0.015uF at 75v? So thats 15nF at 75V+. Perhaps the only difficult part would be finding one that fits neatly in the PCB, and perhaps in the enclosure. Not suggesting replacements would be bigger, but its always nice to get one thats a *phyiscal match* as well as electrical.

I'm pretty sure even a ceramic would work, but less than ideal. Its from a radio, but given the 15nF value, I'm not confident its used in tuning so perhaps its type is non-critical. a WIMA at 100V would do just fine I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back