Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Idea for a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumitkaul

Helloo ,

I joined this group only yesterday and this is my 1st post . I'm an electronics engg. student from India , and presently i'm searching for a project which i can make easily in a month or so ..
As this will be my 1st project , so I want to get some ideas from you people .. I have got some ideas in my mind like desgning a lie detector or a metal detector ckt.
Can you help me by giving ideas and some advice .

You can mail me at sumit_kaul@yahoo.com

Are you wanting to build a circuit to get a feel for putting it together and debugging and such?...or are you wanting to design one from scratch?

If you just want to build some circuits you should try Radio Shack's "Engineering Series" books. They are little USA$2 books with projects to learn from.

If you want ideas for design,...how about a frequency-hopping FM transmitter/reciever? I don't believe i have seen anyone do that yet (execpt the military)

or

Motion and presence sensors using Inductive and Capacitive properties only? (no sonar or IR signals)

let us know what you do, and the results

About the project

Helloo ,

While studying some of the projects , I came across the idea of making a lie detector . I have got the idea , but i dont know how to implement it .
The lie detectoe should work whenever a person lies . I can use the fact that the resistance of the skin decreases whenever a person lies due to sweating , but the person may not sweat always . Is it possible to test the heart beat rate and find out .. ???

Can anyone help me . !!

the ideea of a lie detector is quite nice....
the thing about determining is a person is lying is that in't not only the sweating....
from what i know the lie detectors the police uses mesure the skin resistance, pulse, bloodpressure and i think there is a 4th thing mesured but i dont remember....
i have something for detectig skin resistance. it uses 2 9V batts and i think that 1 or 2 Is, if u want i'll send the schematic 2....
but about mesuring the pulse and other things, i think it's quite hard and u need someyhing more advanecd.....
but anyway goodluck with ur work and dont hesitate to ask for help...

sumitkaul said:
Helloo ,

While studying some of the projects , I came across the idea of making a lie detector . I have got the idea , but i dont know how to implement it .
The lie detectoe should work whenever a person lies . I can use the fact that the resistance of the skin decreases whenever a person lies due to sweating , but the person may not sweat always . Is it possible to test the heart beat rate and find out .. ???

Can anyone help me . !!

If this really is your first circuit, I'd say a full lie detector is going to be a HUGE challenge, especially if you only have a month. What course are you taking?

A simple skin resistance tester would qualify as a toy lie detector. Just check the baseline skin resistance for a while, then see if that changes when they lie. A simple metal detector might be more reliable, though--especially, I would think, if you're in a warm enough climate that people are sweating anyway. :)

I don't have a schematic, but if you google "metal detector schematic" you should find something usable. Post what you find here and I bet people will tell you whether it's good or not.

Do it fast though. If this really is your first project, it might surprise you how long it can take. :)

Good luck.

Torben

STOP, STOP, STOP!!!!

This is a five year old thread which has been dug up by a semi-literate resurectionist.

JimB

JimB said:
STOP, STOP, STOP!!!!

This is a five year old thread which has been dug up by a semi-literate resurectionist.

JimB

Yow. Good call. Sorry 'bout that.

Torben

int12h said:
Are you wanting to build a circuit to get a feel for putting it together and debugging and such?...or are you wanting to design one from scratch?

If you just want to build some circuits you should try Radio Shack's "Engineering Series" books. They are little USA$2 books with projects to learn from.

If you want ideas for design,...how about a frequency-hopping FM transmitter/reciever? I don't believe i have seen anyone do that yet (execpt the military)

or

Motion and presence sensors using Inductive and Capacitive properties only? (no sonar or IR signals)

let us know what you do, and the results
Please where can I get the book. I am from Nigeria, and I think the book will be good for a newbie like me. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back