Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ic Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

patz

please can someone suggest a replacement IC for CA3237E which is a infrared remote control amplifier...

If you're trying to make an IR remote control, them dump the antique and use a modern three pin IR receiver IC.

All the old amplifiers are long obselete.

INFRARED headphone reciever

thank you for the response ...
i am doing a miniproject on infrared cordless headphones..as per a circuit i obtained from net the transmitter section uses the VCO section of PLL IC CD4046..now i am stuck in the reciever ckt as i am not able to find this infrared preamplifier IC...can u pls tell me the details of the 3 pin reciever ic...

thank you for the response ...
i am doing a miniproject on infrared cordless headphones..as per a circuit i obtained from net the transmitter section uses the VCO section of PLL IC CD4046..now i am stuck in the reciever ckt as i am not able to find this infrared preamplifier IC...can u pls tell me the details of the 3 pin reciever ic...

It won't help you, they are for remote control only, and only work with low frequency pulses modulated on a 38KHz (or so) carrier.

You can build an IR preamp using standard opamps, but such high gain systems are fairly tricky to keep stable, even with the specific IC's that used to be available.

I have a set of commercial infra-red headphones myself and I too experience the gain stability problems that Nigel describes. When a movie goes into a quiet passage the gain ramps right up and you begin to hear the hiss of the noise floor. Then when someone fires a gun or a similarly loud action scene breaks in it's deafening.

If I were playing with an infra-red headphone project I think I'd want to address that issue.

Bri

I have a set of commercial infra-red headphones myself and I too experience the gain stability problems that Nigel describes. When a movie goes into a quiet passage the gain ramps right up and you begin to hear the hiss of the noise floor. Then when someone fires a gun or a similarly loud action scene breaks in it's deafening.

If I were playing with an infra-red headphone project I think I'd want to address that issue.

Bri
I have a IR transmitter/IR receiver pair fully working that has the similar problems as to what Brian has described. I chose to go a different route for remote earphones. I chose to use a FM transmitter and a FM receiver.

patz, if you would like to have the IR system that I am not using please send me a personal message, and perhaps we can work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back