Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ic Identification Help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hello guys ?
I have CD4093 IC but I am little bit confused.
What is The meaning of CD in this IC. I have seen many Ic which has CD attached at begning.
So , friend kindly explain what is the meaning of CD.. ?

Is it CMOS or anything else ?

Thanks in advance....

The original CMOS 4000 series logic family from RCA had the CD prefix for all their device numbers. Don't know that it means anything special, could be Cmos Device, for example.

Old 5000 and 7000 TTL devices from TI had SN as a prefix for all their numbers, similarly undefined.

In addition to what's said, the old 4000 series of CMOS logic normally had a max supply voltage of 15V. You could use them down to below 5V, but they became slower then. The 74HC variants of the same number like 74HC4093 is 5V only parts, or below like 3V3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back