Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC Components Limited in Hong Kong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver300

Most Helpful Member
Following on from

I decided to risk trying this company, and it seemed have been worthwhile. I had to transfer the money first, and the ICs came through about a week later. The person who I was dealing with always replied by the following day. The ICs work fine.

The only problem is that it's always a risk - just because it works once, or even many times, doesn't mean it always will. There are huge numbers of forged non-working parts coming out of China, it seems to be a major industry there relabelling faulty chips with more expensive numbers, and it might not even be the company you're dealing with who carries out the scam.

Many TV spares, like chips for Plasma XSUS/YSUS boards aren't available, other than from people like these in China - and as you say, you have to order large numbers to get them at all. I know a number of people who have done so, and generally you're only lucky 50% or so of the time - the rest don't work, and are presumably other chips of the same shape relabelled (and you can see it under magnification).

So, "do you feel lucky" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back