Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to try this out..Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloetyme

Hi, I'm new to electronics/pic micro's/programming. I love playing with electronics (like flashing led and making new sounds). I have successfully made programmed pic projects in the past and changed .asm codes, but i have a problem i come across here recently with a POV circuit.

Is it possible to switch an .asm code from 16c84 to a 16f628 or 16f648A.

I can upload all info needed to get you more into what I'm talking about. Just let me know.

Thank you for reading hope to hear from you soon.

It is fairly simple to convert code from an 84 to a 628. Post the code and I'm sure someone will tell you what needs to be changed.

Mike.

Thank you.

Hi, I'm new to electronics/pic micro's/programming. I love playing with electronics (like flashing led and making new sounds). I have successfully made programmed pic projects in the past and changed .asm codes, but i have a problem i come across here recently with a POV circuit.

Is it possible to switch an .asm code from 16c84 to a 16f628 or 16f648A.

I can upload all info needed to get you more into what I'm talking about. Just let me know.

Thank you for reading hope to hear from you soon.

Yes, with minor modifications.

Thank you for responding!

Here is the code...Thank you

It is fairly simple to convert code from an 84 to a 628. Post the code and I'm sure someone will tell you what needs to be changed.

Mike.

Below is the .asm code.

Attachments

• MESSAGE.ASM
    8.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Thank you

hi,
Modified for 16F628, it assembles and runs OK with Oshonsoft sim.

That is great! I'm going to school right now and i will be back in a few hours and ill burn it. I have the hardware done already. I'll get back to you on how it goes. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
New ASM

hi,
Modified for 16F628, it assembles and runs OK with Oshonsoft sim.

I have made this into a .hex file and it built perfectly. But, now i will get back with you. I have to find some more parts and re-build my hardware again. I can't work all the bugs out. Hardest thing to find in all my used parts is the 10p ceramic cap. I'll keep digging. Later for now. Thank you again Eric.

I have made this into a .hex file and it built perfectly. But, now i will get back with you. I have to find some more parts and re-build my hardware again. I can't work all the bugs out. Hardest thing to find in all my used parts is the 10p ceramic cap. I'll keep digging. Later for now. Thank you again Eric.

Whats your location.?:)

I have the schematic here. I am in Kansas City, Kansas.

**broken link removed**

hi,
We cannot access the link.:)

Use the 'manage attachments' button lower down the REPLY page.

Follow the instructions to upload the diagram to the thread.

Sorry about that. This should work.

hi,
We cannot access the link.:)

Use the 'manage attachments' button lower down the REPLY page.

Follow the instructions to upload the diagram to the thread.

Sorry. Here it is below.

Attachments

• magicwandpic.jpg
    magicwandpic.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 147
  • magicwandpic2.jpg
    magicwandpic2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
If you modify the code to use the internal oscillator, you don't need the 10pf cap or 12K resistor.

Ok that makes since. So, should i leave open pin 16 and leave open pins 1,2,3,4,11,12,13,15 also?...I heard somewhere that all open pins should be pulled down with a 10k resistor. I do appreciate your help. I posted the chip change above next to the attachment I submitted in another attachment. So, I'm going to update the asm and get back with ya after i check it.

Last edited:
ASM change

OK. I rebuilt the asm and it worked. I left an attachment below with changes in red to turn on internal oscilator. Not sure if I did it right but it went through the Lab ok.

Attachments

• msg628aChanges.asm
    8.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Good for you. As for floating inputs you can simply set them to outputs and logic low.

So, set all pins to output? Not sure about the logic low.

I guess you mean use 10k resistor to all open pins and pull them to ground?

Last edited:
TRIS = direction (0 for output)
PORT = high or low (0 for low)

Don't connect anything to the unused pins.

Here's another advanced tip:
RBPU will turn a weak pullup on PORTB, handy for pushbuttons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back