Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to make a remote controlled toy car

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravsmart

dear friends,
i am an IT student and i want to make a remote controlled toy car. can u tell me how to build a remote. i want to control the rear two wheels using a gear motor. and conrol the front two wheels for turning using a stepper motor. how to go abt this? and also i want to control using a wireless remote control. can u suggest me on this? pls help me out guys. where can i get circuits?

I trying to do the same thing your doing. The only difference is that I am building a tank (like a military tank).

I think this is better because you don't have to deal with the steering mechanisms that you would have building a conventional car. If your gonna build the circuitry from scratch, I gaurantee your gonna need to be able to program your own custom PIC's!!!

note:you should post these questions in the robotics section.

A stepper motor isn't a good choice, use a simple remote control servo, it's small, cheap, light, powerful, and designed for that exact purpose. For that matter, why not simply use a complete remote control system as used in RC cars?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back