Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i want to know all about smartcards, ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm_fa_da

hello ;
i really don't know what the true name of them are , but i think they are smartcards .
as i know , they have small microcontroller and eeprom that can be programmed . i want to know how to program them and details about them .
thank you .

Do a search on Google for ISO7816 smartcards, there's loads of info...

My experience with them comes from pay-tv........of which I'll say no more!( Any one know of the D2MAC days ?).....

To program them requires a special programmer, this depends on the type of smartcards used or rather the processor used...

Eeprom memory varies from a meagre 24C16 up to 24C256...processors vary too from simple pics like the 16F84 to Atmel based AT89 series..

Have a look at www.prog-tech.co.uk and look at the programmers section...

Have fun 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back