Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i want radio info

Status
Not open for further replies.
those are all subjects that can be developed in pages and pages of information, try to ask more specific questions.
For general info about them just google, you'll find tons of information.

Those are all words that a quick google could define.

There all simple definition that would stick with you better if you found out for yourself, know what I mean?

Maybe you should look at How stuff works, and search for radio, it gives a brod overview about radio.

I myself have done all kinds of reasearch on the web for (free) tutorials to radio, becuase I always get ahead of myself and have to jump back. Self teaching myself radio would be easier if I had some kind of Guid!

Perhaps someone will asist us both.

Regards,

D.J.

Self teaching myself radio would be easier if I had some kind of Guid!

Guide? Umm, well, this is a forum full of people ready to answer your questions and "guide" you :lol:

Hi,

Don't get me wrong, this is a great forum that has already answered some of my questions!

But I don't know where to begin. I first tried studing some radio stuff off the internet, then I found some simple transmitter and reciever schematics and tried to build them. When I ran into trouble trying to figure out what I did wrong, I saw that I needed to jump way back, and study more basics.

This forums has answered my questions and by doing so, has showed me I need to read more about the simple stuff.

To make it short and simple, I do not like having to go back over something that (I find out) I should have learned in the first place!

You can't grow tall without a sturdy foundation.

Although I seem to be working through my problems as I go.

Great Forum, thanks for the help everyone!

Regards,

D.J.

DJ, get some books! I recommend the ARRL handbook, doesn't matter which year if you want to learn AC theory, radio, etc. I got the '99 edition on amazon.com for $9 I think. When you get some books and start reading, then you can ask us questions about the books, and you won't be left in the dark and confused like I was before I found this forum.

In the beginning electronics can be hard. I suggest you start with an electronics kit, and build every project contained in it. Then try to build some of your own and you can see how each component works.

First of all, FM transmitter can only communicate to the receiver only by using the same frequency (unless they are too close to each other).

FM transmitters are much easier to build than FM receivers. Here is one to start:

go to: **broken link removed**

This one is very bad on range and will tune randomly if you wave your hand near the antenna. You will be lucky if you can get between 10 and 25 feet out of it.

Once you have an FM transmitter, turn on your FM radio and go to a station where you hear alot of noise and no people and no music. Now when you tune the transmitter, turn the tuning capacitor about 1 degree and then leave the receiver alone for a moments. As soon as you hear the least amount of unwanted noise, you have a working FM transmitter.

All you need to do now is build a receiver (or radio) and tune it to the same frequency. There are four types:

Crystal Radio - This is a 5 component radio which can be found on 75% of the internet. It depends on the antenna as the power supply. The only way it is useful is if you connect the antenna to a cold water pipe, and the volume is extremely low through earphones. This radio is not recommended.

TRF (tuned Radio Frequency) receiver - It's better than crystal radio, but it has some drawbacks. The gain just does not seem optimal unless you are dealing with AM radio stations.

SuperHet receiver - This receiver is recommended by some, because of good stability. it takes two frequencies and converts them to one common frequency.

SuperRegen Receiver - This one is my lifesaver (LOL). It is like a "Compressed radio". It is based around one transistor and provides a high amount of gain. The only drawback is that stability is not perfect.

But for now, get your transmitter working then talk to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back