Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to make water pump controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrahh2005

Hi , all i need you to help me making a small project to control the pump of water to make it switch on and off automatically , any one has any idea about the circuit diagram and component pleas replay .:)

That is not near enough informaton.

Start by explaining what the pump is used for. How will it know when to turn on or off.

There are many off the shelf solutions for pump control including pressure switches and float switcjes.

Thank you 3v0 , look my circuit should be complately electronics ,by means of transistors and relay and logic circuits and IC's . there should be two sensors one for high level and the other for low level .

Sounds like class work :D

We can help you with it but you have got to make an effort. After all why pay all that money for an education if all you are going to do is turn in other peoples work.

Last edited:
Hi ibrahh2005,

that's still not enough information.

Where does the water come from you want to move? In some areas city water supply slowly fills a reservoir (mostly at ground level), which is then pumped into an overhead tank.

You certainly wouldn't like your pump running dry, so this has to be considered when designing a control device.

The pump activation also depends on your desires, meaning do you want to activate the pump if the water level in the overhead tank is not at maximum and there is water in the reservoir, or do you want to activate it if the water level in the overhead tank is down to minimum or 1/2 filled?

Boncuk

Last edited:
Dear 3v0 ,look i'm a student and i need to know not to buy, this is my work i want to implemnt it regardless of the others, do you have any other idea .

Dear 3v0 ,look i'm a student and i need to know not to buy, this is my work i want to implemnt it regardless of the others, do you have any other idea .

You didn't anwer my questions!

Hi MR Boncuk, consider the paremeter that you taked about were cared ,
i need to activate the pump only when the water at the low level and switch it off when the water at the high level , don't take care any other parameter, i need the electronic circuit diagram and the name of component that will do the job .

That's a bit too sophisticated already.

If everything else has been taken care of you just need a floating switch which is adjustable for minimum and maximum water level.

Assuming the water level is low the switch will activate the pump. If the setpoint for a full tank is adjusted properly the pump will be switched off upon reaching high water level in the tank.

That's all you need. (a simple on-off switch with a ball and a thin nylon rope)

Boncuk

for now there is no real information i need more and more

i need a complate diagram for the circuit and the name of the component
pls any have any information about this project just submit it here

All of the controller will be electronics and no michanical parts by means of sensors and electronics

Since we simul-posted...if the relay in the circuit I linked to is too "mechanical"...replace it with an SSR (solid state relay). Just the wire the SSR's LED in place of the relay's coil.

Ken

Last edited:
Thank you mr KMoffet , in fact you gave me what i want , you are the real friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back