Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to calculete some resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another foreign school kid without a teacher.

BONJOUR!
The TDA7000 "radio" IC and the BC109 transistor are obsolete and are not made anymore.
The TDA7000 had horrible performance. I used BC109 transistors in my first job 45 years ago.

The hFE of an old BC109 is not 300, it is a range from 200 to 800. Yours might be 300.
Its Vbe is not 0.7V, with a collector current as low as 0.5mA then its Vbe is about 0.6V.

I did the simple calculations for you.

Attachments

• preamp for old TDA7000.PNG
    preamp for old TDA7000.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 265
I made a mistake on purpose. I made Vc= +2.0V instead of making Vce= +2.0V.
I want the French-speaking guy to fix it.

ok thank audioguru this will help to start thank uu so much
you said that TDA7000 it is an old IC what kind of IC existe now and have good perfermance

Good FM radio ICs are very complicated. The TDA7513 has 80 pins in a tiny surface-mount package and has many features that are programmed and set by a microcontroller. It is used in modern car radios and home stereos.

The old TDA7000 IC was replaced by the TDA7088 IC that is copied by Chinese semiconductor manufacturers. The FM radio scans to a station (and frequently misses) and costs only $1.00 at The Dollar Store. I have two of these radios and the performance and sound are awful.

Philips and Sony had FM radio ICs that used a normal but cheap FM circuit. They were used in cheap clock radios and I have one in a portable Sony Walkman FM stereo radio. They are not made anymore.

I don't know which Chinese radio IC is used in modern clock radios but their performance is not good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back