Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need opamp suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Rogers

User Extraordinaire
Forum Supporter
Most Helpful Member
I was thinking along the lines of an LMH7623 only because I've used it before... BUT!! Its a video amp so might not be suitable

The diode ( D1) is also a bit screwballed... So I need suggestions for that as well..

The system has an optocoupler and chopper wheel, the wheel has about 28 cuts and can spin around 10 times a second, so reletively slow frequency..

annemometer part.jpg

As you see U2 is a bit sad....

Is U2 the (suspected) opamp - it looks like it's only got 6 pins. If that's the case then it's a bit unusual.

Is U2 the (suspected) opamp - it looks like it's only got 6 pins. If that's the case then it's a bit unusual.
Yeah... Very unusual.... It has 5 pins.. It's a sot-23....

Okay... Didn't work... The opamp fitted was the LMH6723... but now I seem to have a bit of an offset... Here's the circuit

upload_2017-5-4_17-51-43.png

It would appear now that the output NPN is on all the time... What simple change would help switch off the NPN... I have a good output at the opamp but it is higher than it should be...

Are you sure about that circuit? 103K seems a bit large for a base resistor, and very large for a current feedback opamp. Plus, what is with the two 10K's?

ak

LMH6609 (video, 900 MHz), AD8055 (300 MHz, +/-5V) and AD8033 (80 MHz, +/- 2.5V to +/-12V). I have used all three and mostly the latter two. All are available in SOT23-5 with same pinout. The AD8033 has a wider supply range and FET input.

John

Last edited:
So rip out the 100k and put in a 10k?? If you look at the photo, the chopper wheel destroyed the top of the opamp..

The new one is working as an op amp, but the small voltage when off is turning on the NPN... Sorry it seems like I ignored you John but I had to get something ordered... I took the risk as I use these to upgrade the speccy's composite video out...

Something just hit me on the head!!! The pinout may be different ( As Ron pointed out )

If IN- and OUT are reversed it would make a lot more sense.... The two 10k make up a voltage divider with the 100k being the gain resistor ....

AARRGGHH!!

upload_2017-5-4_21-2-2.png

Two bluddy types..... I must need a type 2..

CFB op-amps usually have a manufacturer's recommendation for the feedback resistor. The ones I have used have called for resistors of 1k to 500R. Another difference is the significant difference in input impedance for the inverting and non-inverting inputs of CFB. I tried to find a datasheet for your original op-amp and couldn't. But its circuit certainly looks like a VFB op-amp to me.

This tomb, Chapter 8 describes the differences: https://www.cypress.com/file/65366/download

I would just get a 12V tolerant op-amp, like the AD8033, and see what happens. A CMOS version may also work because it will probably have less offset.

John

I read your post after I posted. Obviously, my recommendations are type 1. Sorry.

John

Something just hit me on the head!!! The pinout may be different ( As Ron pointed out )

If IN- and OUT are reversed it would make a lot more sense.... The two 10k make up a voltage divider with the 100k being the gain resistor ....

AARRGGHH!!

View attachment 105888

Two bluddy types..... I must need a type 2..

Whew, I was looking at your earlier drawing and thought I had to restudy op amp theory. The voltage divider on the amp output really had me perplexed. Glad you made your discovery for my sanity :)

LM321MF... Worked like a dream....... There was a really small resistor sitting on the output NPN... This was also gone... I have no idea what value it used to be, but as its really only a fuse, I used a 0R47... Seemed to do the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back