Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need ideas for building a speedmeter ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
A really easy way to get into microcontrollers is with the BASICstamp by Parallax. The initial expense is a little more ($119 for the "Board of Education" kit - EVERYTHING you need), and theyre relatively slow - but still PLENTY fast for your application. They are VERY easy to learn with, and make the transition to a pic or other uC much easier for a beginner.

I would go look for the schematics for the "PIC-Agoras by John Becker "
that Nigel mentioned.

I pulled the code myself, I have a lot of mini bikes, motorcycles and gokarts, so I will maybe use it on one or more of them for fun.

If you start from scratch, see what kybert wrote, a lot to think about just to get to lighting an LED (mind you if you want to learn the PIC, that is the right was to go). The Agoras way (hard parts done), you have the code and the chip PICked, just get a programmer and assembler, build a board and learn the code from the example. Then add sensors to other items, like oil pressure, etc..

Side note:

Like to see the one dean_c38 did with the HUD, I have no windshield on most of my toys, but I do have a 1978 vette with a speed-o that is way off, that would be REAL neat in there. Does the HUD work well? Have you posted the project anywhere? Maybe another thread for this.

Well Kyberts last post was on May 19th 2004 and Nig_ro's post was Apr 7th 2006 sheesh thats nearly 2 years between posts :shock: and I've not seen any of the members that answered the post in here since I joined. I wonder just how many new members will keep bringing up old posts and wonder why the original OP's don't reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back