Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakna

so i have this idea. the thing is i need help with it. the idea is using magnets to make energy. you will need a few very strong magnets and the theory is to take magnets and place them in to oposite rings mount 1 and have the other set on an axle. have this upright so the magnets can rotate freely, then attach a generator to the axle and have the rotating ring turn the genorator. will it work?

why not? iv tryd the rotating magnets and that works just fine? why cant some1 just attach a genorator to it?

Even the magnets will eventually slow down as they are not a perfect system. There will be friction losses in the form of heat. If you attempt to remove energy from the system it will fall apart much faster.

If you disagree feel free to prove me wrong!

I saw something like that on YouTube, so it must work, sort of... :) Don't remember the title though, but seemed realistic.

Great web site!

You can even use magnets to power your car...

"the powerful magnet causes the HHO molecule to become dissasociated at the resonant frequency of the... Anvil! ..." -Meyers
:D

Attachments

• magnet_car1.jpg
    magnet_car1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 338
There was the art piece that some swedish guy made. It had a ball that rolled around a track. it would run for a couple weeks, but would eventually stop. Can't find it on youtube at the moment.

Atmega8 <> Lcd

Hello
Who can help me!?
I interface an lcd (2*16) & ATMEGA8 in It's portB
I simulate my project by bascom & protuse software an be OK
IC port is ok too,
but after compile LCD don't show any thing.
I program my project to ATMEGA32 then LCD work correctly.
Why ATMEGA 8 don't work by lcd.
(SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH)

Hello
Who can help me!?
I interface an lcd (2*16) & ATMEGA8 in It's portB
I simulate my project by bascom & protuse software an be OK
IC port is ok too,
but after compile LCD don't show any thing.
I program my project to ATMEGA32 then LCD work correctly.
Why ATMEGA 8 don't work by lcd.
(SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH)
You need stronger magnets.

Or maybe one of us is on the wrong thread.

Zakna,

its good you think for new ideas, but as basic you should have an energy source to convert it into electric power. if magnets are a source of energy then your idea may work. but in real its not.
if you assemble permanent magnets as you said, it may turn by small ange and then will stop when oposite polarities comes near by. if you want to keep one ring to change its polarity when the other comes near...you need commutator or electronic drive, which makes your ring assembly as a motor. so this motor requires energy from another source to drive it.

so finally its like you will run a motor and couple it with a generator, you convert electric energry to electric energy. your idea may work when you need AC from DC to run a DC motor coupled to an AC generator :) or wise versa.

i see people are making fun when some one post like silly, but consider its a place for others to learn, if you are not interested on the topic dont post anything.

razeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back