I Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtr_stitch

I just recieved a TC7117 A/D Converter in the mail today and decided to wire it all up on my breadboard using the schematic in its datasheet, but when I apply power, nothing happens. There is a test pin, which works, but other than that, I'm stumped! Anyone help?
I know that I need an anlog input (hence a/d converter) and was advised to tie the analog pin high which would act as an analog input, but that didn't work either.
I added the schematic I used for reference. Any help would be awesome!

Attachments

• adc.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 172
What is the display hold, pin 1, connected to? It needs to be at ground for continuous readout.

The normal input range is 0V to 200mV to 2V full-scale depending upon the voltage at Vref (Vref = 100mV for 200mV full-scale, Vref = 1V for 2V full-scale). Thus you can apply a DC voltage from a power supply or voltage divider to the A/D input and it will display the voltage relative to the reference voltage. For good accuracy you should add an external reference diode to generate Vref.

Last edited:
Well from what I understand, pin 1 is used to hold whatever the display is showing. Supposedly, from what the datasheet says, you tie it high (say, maybe with a push-button) and it will hold the display until you release it. But thanks for the tip! I'll see if I can manage to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…