Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help with a control wiring circuit (exam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony

Here's the summary:

- A push button is used to start a supply fan (controller 1).
- A return fan (controller 2) is interlocked to start automatically with the supply fan.
- In the event of a smoke condition the fans shutdown automatically.
- The supply and return fans cannot be restarted until the smoke detector system is reset (a latching relay is going to be used).
- In the case of excessive smoke, an exhaust fan (controller 3) can be started but only if the smoke detector system has not been reset.

A need to create a ladder and wire diagram.

I'm having problems from the third step down.

This is what I have so far:

**broken link removed**

I'm having problems setting up the latching relay and the exhaust fan in the diagram.

I tried to post a diagram of what I had so far but it didn't go through.

I'm having problems setting up the latching relay and the exhaust fan.

You mention that you have to create a ladder and wire diagram.

Are you going to use a PLC programmed in ladder logic or are you going to do the assignment with relays, hence the need for wire diagram?

If using a PLC, surely there should be some SR (Set/Reset) flip flop software elements in the application? If using relays, latching relays are available (relays with a Set coil and a Reset coil)

Attachments

• DSC00683.JPG
    DSC00683.JPG
    612.3 KB · Views: 485
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back