Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I Need Help Putting a Project on a Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGBEnt

I have an unprinted circuit board from Radioshack, and I want to take one of my projects from a wiring type of circuit, to a circuit in this board.

**broken link removed**

I plan on adding a resistor, but if someone could help me with how to place these items on the board, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks

You need to draw the circuit onto the board with a special pen and then have it etched in a PCB etching tank (you can get cheap kits that don't use machinery, but the results won't be as good). If you want a professional printed circuit, then you'd need further equipment.

Why don't you use stripboard? That's the easiest (and cheapest) option.

I wouldn't bother with a PCB for such a simple project. I'd solder the switch and resistor in series with the LED using hook-up wire and cover all exposed terminations with heatshrink.

Agreed. Your circuit is, in effect, a torch (flashlight if you're American). Take a look at one of them - you usually won't find a PCB but a strip of metal inside, or even the case being used as a conductor.

Radio shack sells perf board with simple copper solder points that I use to point to point solder small things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back