Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a filter for my home made oscillatore

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliversvilan

I've made a oscillator:eek: from 74hc14 chip and its a square wave runs on 3v. can anybody send me a schematics for a filter of any kind for it or a low pass, high pass, distorsion, or filter that changes it into a sine wave. also any kind of help will do cause im making an experiment and i would like to make an analog imitation synthisaizer out of it.
thanks a lot and hope you guys help me cause im stuck :)
:D

I've made a oscillator:eek: from 74hc14 chip and its a square wave runs on 3v. can anybody send me a schematics for a filter of any kind for it or a low pass, high pass, distorsion, or filter that changes it into a sine wave. also any kind of help will do cause im making an experiment and i would like to make an analog imitation synthisaizer out of it.
thanks a lot and hope you guys help me cause im stuck :)
:D

Oliver,

Go to your local library and pick up the ARRL Handbook. Try to find the most recent edition available. Inside, you'll find all sorts of filter designs.

Oliver,

Go to your local library and pick up the ARRL Handbook. Try to find the most recent edition available. Inside, you'll find all sorts of filter designs.

thanks for nothing anybody else ... maybe with some cool idea or schematic for other oscillatore ... is there anybody out there!!!! ????

thanks for nothing anybody else ... maybe with some cool idea or schematic for other oscillatore ... is there anybody out there!!!! ????

Oliver,

It is our primary goal at Electro-Tech to help you when necessary; not do the work for you. We will get you on the correct track, but you need to initiate the effort and motivation.

Could you please post a schematic of your oscillator? Then we can suggest a filter that will be best for your circuit. First of all, do you have any filter capacitors in your oscillator? This will prevent a distorted waveform.

Look at the low pass filter on page 25. The cutoff frequency is 1/{2*pi*(R1C1R2C2)exp1/2}

Also check out the numerous cool oscillator designs in the paper.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Look at the low pass filter on page 25. The cutoff frequency is 1/2*pi*(R1C1R2C2)exp1/2

Also check out the numerous cool oscillator designs in the paper.

**broken link removed**

now thats helpfull thank you a lot anybody else who had something to do with trying to make an instrument or a " sound making device " help! any good schematic will do maybe of a similiar project!

I and other people have used a multi-order switched-capacitor lowpass filter IC to make a very low distortion sine-wave from a square-wave input. Some switched-capacitor filter ICs have a built-in high frequency oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back