Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I can't find the PGD and PGC pins on the 16F887...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at it again and I think that pin 40 is programming data and pin 39 is pin clock. I hope this is right :)

WHA????

So I have to replace my 877 with a 877A?

But how am I supposed to program this with the programmer which it's purpose was to programm chips when it cant program?

Krumlink said:
WHA????

So I have to replace my 877 with a 877A?

But how am I supposed to program this with the programmer which it's purpose was to programm chips when it cant program?
You inchworm plus kit (you did get the kit and not a blank PCB?) comes with a preprogrammed PIC16F877 or PIC16F877A.

When the inchworm in built it can program and debug a very large assortment of chips including the PIC16F877 and PIC16F877A.

Does that help?

EDIT:
I hope that you ordered a PIC16F877A and not the PIC16F877 which it replaced.

Both will work as part of the inchworm once they are programmed and both can be programmed by the inchworm. Just makes more sense to use the more modern A part. The modern parts are often less expensive and have more features.

Last edited:
Yeah, But I have heard people complain about their inchworm+ that the 16F887 does not have enough ma output out of their I/O pin.

I am Kinda confused about your reccent posts. Yes I did get the kit. THis is for the 16F887, not a 877 or 877A.

Krumlink said:
Yeah, But I have heard people complain about their inchworm+ that the 16F887 does not have enough ma output out of their I/O pin.

I am Kinda confused about your reccent posts. Yes I did get the kit. THis is for the 16F887, not a 877 or 877A.

The 16F887 has 25ma pins like every other PIC. PS read your mail here, I sent you a letter awhile ago.

Sorry bill, but I have not recieved It :(

On a non related note, does Hcl react with Silicon?

Krumlink said:
I was a bit confused myself. ;)
A case of me reading what I expected to see rather then what you wrote.
Was thinking you were working with 877 when you were using a 887.

As a first chip the 887 is a good choice because of the internal osc.
One less thing to deal with.

My thoughts exactly.

I am making a bubler tank for my awesome etchant that rocks and burns really bad, but I wiped it off instead of adding water to it, to prevent exothermic heating, and I want to know where I can get some REALLY cheap Double sided 3x5 or 4x6 boards for etching. Also, does silicon rubber stuff react with my Hcl and H202 etchant?

I am going to make my own boards now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back