Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am the most Important Person on my Robotics Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to Ypsilanti, Grand rapids (I think) and something else. We are also going to nationals (in atlanta)

This years game is pretty wierd. Never been done before (www.usfirst.org)

Do you go to a private school?

Nope, Public School. This years robotic cap is $3,500 (for buying parts), but funding can be more, finals cost 5k :eek:

we have $0 in our budget right now. :(

Be lucky you have money, krummy.

on a side note, why did you choose the name Krumlink? :confused: :)

i'm not even going to ask... :D

MIT; Massachusetts Institute of Technology

i could only wish to go there. They have a very good electronics and robotics program. Actually, that is basically all they are. Electronics/robotics.

tuition is a bit spendy, though.

my son was in one of the uk teams that went to washington to compete last year [team of tomorrow]. funds were raised mostly by parents. his school was too concerned with teaching creationism, not concerned enough with organising and educating. still, they got an exciting trip and the 'rookie of the year' [?] award.

his school was too concerned with teaching creationism

another reason why this world is crumbling beneath our feet. :rolleyes:

yep, we can detect planets in distant solar systems, watch the sun rise from th surface of the moon, and even our children can create automatons, yet still we allow followers of possibly intelligent but definitely ignorant authors of 2000 years ago to operate as educators. it really makes my blood boil.:mad:

sorry, possibly the wrong thread.:rolleyes:

my wife raised £950 for the team, mainly by holding raffles in the shop she works in. another mum has her own estate agency [realtor?] and they donated £1000. the school donated £2000 [great :D ] but divided it between there own and four other teams :confused:

there first assignment as a team was to get uniforms/costumes........
they were barely able to get their hands on the robot because the engineering 'teacher' [thinks all stainless steel is magnetic!] took it home, built it, programmed it, didn't finish it, and it had to be rewired to spec when they all finally arrived in washington. they hadn't even practised, but at least they were awarded for efforts made on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back