Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i am running out of time ~>_<~

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

i just wish to get some advice on what should i do now.

I m having an embedded web project.

i only got 4 weeks time left.

but my progress is very slow. i 've only developed a User Interface on client, a EKG circuit (without filter). i 've spent most of my time to understand the TCPIP stack.

When i started to write the TCPIP stack code, i realised that i need a proper NIC driver to do so. The RTL8019 driver comes with CCS has some problems....

worst still, the NIC is surface mount type. It can't be done by hand-soldering.

I am panic now. I am very upset now, because I have put my effort on it for 4 months already.

in a bind

The following is just an opinion, but you asked for advice :)

It wouldn't hurt to look at using some off-the-shelf solutions, especially if you're pressed for time. This makes a lot of sense when you're designing prototypes. The time you save by not having to "re-invent the wheel" at every step more than makes up for the small expenses involved. From your posts, it sounds like you're a little out of your depth on this project, so why try to design everything from scratch?

An article by Peter Best in the January issue of "Nuts & Volts" describes a simple ethernet transceiver design based on a 16F877 PIC and a RTL8019AS controller. **broken link removed** (note: it looks like the code uses UDP, a simpler protocol than TCP/IP) http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/Topics/85.htm

The ethernet parts and code can be found here: http://www.edtp.com

Even if it doesn't solve your entire problem, at the very least, the "EDTP Packet Whacker" can serve as a thru-hole adapter for the RTL8019AS (Any NIC chip you find will be surface mount). Best & EDTP did a nice job of taking a fairly complex topic and making a manageable project out of it. You might consider building off their efforts, if saving time is your main concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back