Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hydroxy gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the gas produced by the 'Joe Cell'. Maybe this is the same thing, just a different name. I didn't search back for the thread, remembered how long it ran, take too long to read all those post for a single word...

Oznog: You best do some research because you are wrong. I am not interested in Philosophy, it is the practical assembly and testing that is important. Pons and Fleischman were run out of the country, and now the U. S. is behind in important science, meantime 600 labs have replicated LENR (Low Energy Nuclear Reactions) and water electrolysis is closely related.

Well, I swore I'd stay out of this but it's getting pretty far out there.

simple fact, you can't get >100% efficiency since that means you are creating energy. not going to happen. Now, they *may* have found a new source of energy in which case, it's still not >100% efficiency when you take into account the energy source. Color me skeptical, though.

600 labs have reproduced pons & flieschman?? point out some references. real ones, not blogs or stoernesque web sites. I truly want that to be real but, well, it does strain credibility, a might...

Kirkg said:
Glyph; the reported efficiency of straight DC electrolysis, 1.4 V is reported to be about 62% best case. Stan Meyer, Andrija Puharich, and others have reported over 100% efficency. Puharich paid a lot of money to get his method certified by a reputable lab. For Chemelec; 10 gallons per minute water flow in a boat is a piece of cake, in a stationary generator likewise. In a car, no way. My cell, with good 316ss, spaced at .022", and properly sand-blasted pulls 30amps 12V with plain tap water. Throw out the modern stuff, use an old car (with a newly rebuilt engine), and get the Hydroxy to it, then restrict the petroleum, and see how far you can go on a gallon of gas. There are a lot of products on the market.

First Off their is what is called: "OverUnity".
Based on THAT they Make Claims of over 100% Efficiency.
But That is No Where Near a True 100% or even 50%.

As to TAP Water, it is FULL OF Many Chemicals and no where near Pure Water. So Yes it Conducts, But still quite poorly.
Best Efficiency Occurs when your cell voltage is Less than 2 Volts. With the Tap Water, YOUR CELL IS NOT.

And from the Many Emails I Recieve from guys who have purchased these Devices.
Most of them DON'T WORK as Claimed. Definately NOT at All Efficiently and a RIP-OFF Prices.

BUT this is ALL A BUNCH OF "CRAP".
I Give Up, "Believe what you want".

Philba and your beliefs

There are 18 years worth of research into the question of "Cold Fusion," now known as Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR). Go to the Stanford University Engineering Library (or any other fine library) and study it. I did. There are THOUSANDS of academic references. But to get to the question of water and "Cold Fusion," read Tadahiko Mizuno and "Plasma Electrolysis of Water" from Hokkaido University. Or read, "The Rebirth of Cold Fusion," by Steven B. Krivit. Or read, "Excess Heat: Why Cold Fusion Research Prevailed" (2nd Ed.) by Charles G. Beadette. To discard a well made observation is to violate modern scientific methodology. Just because Orthodox Science doesn't understand why there is excess heat doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Those electrons are oh so very important. Is there someone who wants to team up with this Industrial Engineer; and someone who really knows electronics, has the equipment, and will follow the scientific method?

Kirkg said:
There are 18 years worth of research into the question of "Cold Fusion," now known as Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR). Go to the Stanford University Engineering Library (or any other fine library) and study it. I did. There are THOUSANDS of academic references. But to get to the question of water and "Cold Fusion," read Tadahiko Mizuno and "Plasma Electrolysis of Water" from Hokkaido University. Or read, "The Rebirth of Cold Fusion," by Steven B. Krivit. Or read, "Excess Heat: Why Cold Fusion Research Prevailed" (2nd Ed.) by Charles G. Beadette. To discard a well made observation is to violate modern scientific methodology. Just because Orthodox Science doesn't understand why there is excess heat doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Those electrons are oh so very important. Is there someone who wants to team up with this Industrial Engineer; and someone who really knows electronics, has the equipment, and will follow the scientific method?

ok, I did some reading and frankly, it's not as simple as you imply. Fact is that while there have been some reproductions of the effect, there is very little understanding of the underlying science. You speak as if it's a foregone conclusion yet the scientific method you so greatly value is lacking in your analysis. There may well be something there but it's not at all understood.

[MOD_EDIT: removed because abusive].

have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
There may be something there

I would say that excess heat is the "something that is there." Quite an emotional outburst to call me a crackpot, when I am not guilty of any of the assumptions that Philba has made about me. I do not understand why. I can't replicate LENR. There are many that can. It is up to science to propose the theory and test it into the magazine "Nature." I just want help with basic electronics so that I can do my own testing. After all, this is an electronic forum is it not? The speed of Philba's answer tells me he didn't order and read the books, and didn't really have time to get into a good engineering library. The "Cold Fusion" mystery is one of contemporary Sciences' great unanswered questions. It deserves an in depth study. The fact remains that the something that is there is the "EXCESS HEAT."

Excess heat

The quick answer; not much. The important post on this site is for me (an electronic novice) to build a DC pulsing circuit for my water cell. The circuit by Skeeterb is interesting, and looks good. Comparing it to another circuit I have, the Skeeterb circuit does not have a 10V control for the control side of the circuit. Is that important? Also, the 555 timer chip, how to buy? On digikey they confuse me. What to order? Now....back to LENR, the output is not robust, and not 100% replicable. Hence the long long controversy. There are some labs announcing work on commercial devices, so who knows, maybe they are on the verge of something we can use. For now, "Cold Fusion" just drives Physicist crazy. But....I am not working on overunity, LENR, or a water powered car. What I am working on is an efficient electrolysis device. If it doesn't work, I will fess up.

dude, you're nuts if you think I'm going to buy a bunch of books just to satisfy your claims. there's plenty on the internet telling both sides of the story and, frankly, even the pro-side doesn't paint a terribly rosy picture. To claim it as a fait-acompliss is stretching the bounds. I didn't dispute that there wasn't something there, I'm just saying you are making wild claims and arguing about things that are far from provable (e.g., greater than 100% efficiency). Crackpot.

Professionalism

Philba, if all you can do is name calling, then please do not post. As I said, there are many peer reviewed academic papers in Engineering libraries on the subject of LENR. I have bothered to read them, and yes over 100% efficiency is established. I don't care what you believe. My interest has been stated in my last post, and it is not Philosophy, at least not in this 'Electronic' venue. Perhaps the magazine "Sceptic" is more to your liking.

Kirkg said:
Philba, if all you can do is name calling, then please do not post. As I said, there are many peer reviewed academic papers in Engineering libraries on the subject of LENR. I have bothered to read them, and yes over 100% efficiency is established. I don't care what you believe. My interest has been stated in my last post, and it is not Philosophy, at least not in this 'Electronic' venue. Perhaps the magazine "Sceptic" is more to your liking.

I'm afraid I agree with Philba, you're talking complete rubbish! - and if you believe in greater than 100% efficiency (or even 100%), you're deluding yourself.

If any such thing existed we would be using it already, and large companies would be getting VERY rich from it!.

For the 555 chips... Don't think the exact variation will be too critical for what you are doing. If you want exact/precise and stable, you should use a different kind of timer. The 555 kind be found most anywhere, maybe even Radio Shack. I bought a bunch years ago surplus, 5/$1.00, and still have a lot of them.

Kind of sorry this thread got so far off track. You kind of asked for it with the efficiency talk though. Kind of bad timing, with the Steorn fiasco going on last week, kind of got people stirred up a little bit. Personally, I don't agree that anything over unity is possable, nor is 100% a realistic goal. God created matter and energy, mankind can only use and abuse... I do agree there must be tons of things that violate the 'laws', and many thing written off over the years as glitches or computational errors, that might be something more useful. We are a very wasteful people.

Hope you can improve your gas production with this circuit, good luck.

555 timer chip

Everyone is entitled to their own belief system and good luck to us all. Please, and thank you for sticking to electronics: Thank you HarveyH42. About the 555 Timer. What is a better, more stable, and good substitute. This novice would have to have specific buying and wiring instructions to get it into that circuit posted by Skeeterb.

Might as well build the circuit as is, the parts aren't that expensive. It seems fully adjustiable. My experience with 555 is that the frequency tends to drift some with temperature. Really have no idea about how to tell you about wiring it up, its not that complicated. Winding those two inductors will be the bigger challenge to me.

https://www.allelectronics.com/ A California surplus electronics store. Not sure if its even close to you, but it's a good place online, and would be great for you if not too far away.

**broken link removed** Another online store I use often enough.

Kirkg said:
Oznog: You best do some research because you are wrong. I am not interested in Philosophy, it is the practical assembly and testing that is important. Pons and Fleischman were run out of the country, and now the U. S. is behind in important science, meantime 600 labs have replicated LENR (Low Energy Nuclear Reactions) and water electrolysis is closely related.

Water electrolysis is as far from fusion as sunlight is from a hard drive.

I've no problem believing cold fusion could be possible.
There is no indication that cold fusion is claimed or demonstrated. Fusion does come with readily observable effects, in particular the creation of neutrons and helium nuclei.

Furthermore these electrolytic cells have been making such claims for hundreds of times longer than needed to verify fusion is occurring. Yet there is no reputable evidence. Note that there are several devices which do produce a bit of fusion like the pyroelectric device and the Farnsworth-Hirsch fusor. The "star in the jar" somnoluminescence is also being debated as a fusion phenomenon. So, the scientific establishment doesn't have a dogma here that categorically rejects all claims of fusion outside stars and nuclear bombs.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusor

Heat and the 555

Thanks HarveyH42. That is a comment I can sink my teeth into. Oznog, my last post on philosophy was two posts ago. Electronics is the forum.

In the event any of you are putting a hydrogen generator into a car, where there is an O2 sensor, this will concern you.

There was a PDF article on a device to Correct for the Fuel Mixture. (Air/Gas Mixture)

Unfortunately it has Numerous Errors on All the Schematics they give.

I have Posted the Origional PDF Article, As well as a Corrected Schematic and a PCB Layout for it.

**broken link removed**

Maybe it will help some of you.

Parts ordered, and building first circuit

Thanks Chemelec. That is the kind of stuff that helps. Does anyone have an oscillloscope recommendation for a beginner? I have several Electronic texts that outline the basic procedures. Used off Ebay of course.

Kirkg said:
Thanks Chemelec. That is the kind of stuff that helps. Does anyone have an oscillloscope recommendation for a beginner? I have several Electronic texts that outline the basic procedures. Used off Ebay of course.

Ideally One that Works.

Dual Trace and 20 Mhz or better is good for most stuff.
(20 Mhz is well suited for this stuff.)

Made by a Reputable manufacturer.

With Documentation and schematic is a Good Bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back