Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hydrogen peroxide/hydrochloric acid toxic fumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

icetea

hello

does anybody know what's the result when mixing these chemicals
so you can etch a pcb?

i know the fumes are toxic but i don't know their composition and how
much dangerous they are.

Hi, these guys; **broken link removed**

They have a ton of information in the archives on the site. If you can't find what you want with a search just post a question there. Real friendly/knowledgeable bunch of people there.

hydrochloric acid??
Isn't it supposed to be 1 part muratic acid and 2 parts hydrogen peroxide??
unless muratic acid is same as hydrocloric acid?
I is no chemist but this mix works well.

hello

so you can etch a pcb?

i know the fumes are toxic but i don't know their composition and how
much dangerous they are.

The Hydrogen Peroxide acts like a catalyst. You are going to have a reaction that will produce CuCl2 + H2, so the bubbles are made of hydrogen gas. But you can get some vaporized muriatic acid as well.

hello

so you can etch a pcb?

I know it wouldn't be ice tea!

wonder is the hydrogen gas is ny good?

if so perhaps we could colect the gas and build a balloon and send a kid for a ride. On the side of the balloon advertise electro-tech online.
Call all the news people, the air force etc.
Just think of all the FREE advertising!!
we could even sell advertising space on the balloon!
just think of all the money that could be made.
lets all start collecting the gas from our pcb board etchings
Millions of dollars are waiting

Wake up Doug, oh honey it's time to get up and take your meds

LOL

Hydrogen peroxide when mixed with acid for etching pcb or other usage, gives away very nasty fumes. these fumes are toxic, can cause serious damage to lungs if directly inhaled even for short period of time. These fumes when enter in lungs, can cause wounds in trachea and damage to bronchioles. ultimaletly resulting in serious infections and respiratory disorders.

So. the process involving the usage of acid in any way that can produce fumes should be carried out in a well ventilated place. Always use protective eyewears, mask, hand gloves, protective clothing,and take necessary precautions.
good luck.

Yes MrDeb, Muriatic acid is a very old term for Hydrochloric, still used quiet a bit. I worked at a metal finishing shop for a long time the 50 gallon drums we got in almost always had a label or stamp that said Muriatic on it.

Last edited:
Hydrogen peroxide when mixed with acid for etching pcb or other usage, gives away very nasty fumes.<snip>

Can you enlighten us about the reaction of hydrogen peroxide with sulfuric acid? What are the nasty fumes that you think are generated?

John

if so perhaps we could colect the gas and build a balloon and send a kid for a ride. On the side of the balloon advertise electro-tech online.
LOL
Have you forgotten about the Hindenburg? Whose kid do you plan to send aloft, wrecklessly risking their life? :eek:

hey shortbus you owe me a new keyboard
Mine just got coffee sprayed all over it
gee thanks alot guy/or girl??

Hi.
i can't tell you what kind of fumes it generates, but i,ve smelled them once or twice. But recently i came to know a terrifying thing about these fumes.
I knew a guy for some time. he used to work at a place where the company worked to clean high tension electric power cables with same acid as we use for etching boards, but very less concentrated. Although the company is said to maintain strict safety regulations. But the guy i am talking about died within 1 and half year of his work there.

and you know what the medical report said about the cause of death?
totally damaged lungs, because of inhaling a lot of dangerous fumes coming from acid during the process of his job.

hell. that's why i am always very carefull when i thought i am going to get in direct contact with those killer fumes.

Last edited:
I had a friend. He married a much younger woman. A year and a half later he was dead. Sad thing. I guess fresh muffins are bad for you too.

John

hey shortbus you owe me a new keyboard
Mine just got coffee sprayed all over it
gee thanks alot guy/or girl??

Your welcome MrDeb:D We should Email this thread to one of the Overunity/HHO forums. Right up their alley;)

I'm a guy.

in another thread there was a female that everyone thought was a guy.
just had to ask

in another thread there was a female that everyone thought was a guy.
just had to ask

Yeah, with a name like Cary, it's like a "Boy Named Sue" (Johnny Cash)

Not so bad after your grown (old?), but Hell growing-up;)

Just be sure to keep the Y chromosome on the end of the name as a reminder. John

never took biology
heard about chromosomes but know nothing about.
Now days what with all the gender bending it gets hard to know, even in person at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back