Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
The Hydrogen Peroxide acts like a catalyst. You are going to have a reaction that will produce CuCl2 + H2, so the bubbles are made of hydrogen gas. But you can get some vaporized muriatic acid as well.
if so perhaps we could colect the gas and build a balloon and send a kid for a ride. On the side of the balloon advertise electro-tech online.
Call all the news people, the air force etc.
Just think of all the FREE advertising!!
we could even sell advertising space on the balloon!
just think of all the money that could be made.
lets all start collecting the gas from our pcb board etchings
Millions of dollars are waiting
Wake up Doug, oh honey it's time to get up and take your meds
Hydrogen peroxide when mixed with acid for etching pcb or other usage, gives away very nasty fumes. these fumes are toxic, can cause serious damage to lungs if directly inhaled even for short period of time. These fumes when enter in lungs, can cause wounds in trachea and damage to bronchioles. ultimaletly resulting in serious infections and respiratory disorders.
So. the process involving the usage of acid in any way that can produce fumes should be carried out in a well ventilated place. Always use protective eyewears, mask, hand gloves, protective clothing,and take necessary precautions.
Yes MrDeb, Muriatic acid is a very old term for Hydrochloric, still used quiet a bit. I worked at a metal finishing shop for a long time the 50 gallon drums we got in almost always had a label or stamp that said Muriatic on it.
i can't tell you what kind of fumes it generates, but i,ve smelled them once or twice. But recently i came to know a terrifying thing about these fumes.
I knew a guy for some time. he used to work at a place where the company worked to clean high tension electric power cables with same acid as we use for etching boards, but very less concentrated. Although the company is said to maintain strict safety regulations. But the guy i am talking about died within 1 and half year of his work there.
and you know what the medical report said about the cause of death?
totally damaged lungs, because of inhaling a lot of dangerous fumes coming from acid during the process of his job.
hell. that's why i am always very carefull when i thought i am going to get in direct contact with those killer fumes.