Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

humidity sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

necromancer

Hi,
I'm trying to make a humidity control circuit for a greenhouse but i am unable to find a datasheet for the philips 2322-691-90001 humidity sensor or the meggitt HIS02 humidity sensor. Please help!!
thank you

so all this is is a capaictor who's capacitance varies with respect to humidity correct?

can someone draw up a simple schematic showing me how this would be used to put out some sort of voltage.

What if i wanted to put out an analog dc voltage with respect to the current humidity. How would i do this.

Also why should it not be exposed to aceton or chlorine? What if you put this device outside next to a swimming pool and the chlorine vapors from the pool got on it. Would it immediatley stop working or would it gradually breakdown over time.

How sensitive is it?
if i wanted to use it to control a switch. For example if i was running a de-humidifier and wanted it to turn off a switch when the humidity reached less than 1%. Would it be able to determin if there is humidity 3 feet in front of it.

Humidity is the amount of moisture in the air right?

Yes, many humidity sensors act as capacitors in a circuit. There are some more expensive "integrated" ones such as the sensiron parts. You can use the sensor in most any circuit that could use a capacitor. A simple example would be to build an oscillator with a 555 using the sensor to vary the frequency (and as a result the pulse width). Then trigger another 555 in monostable mode, you can just lowpass filter the output of the second 555 and there is your analog voltage.

necromancer said:
Hi,
I'm trying to make a humidity control circuit for a greenhouse but i am unable to find a datasheet for the philips 2322-691-90001 humidity sensor or the meggitt HIS02 humidity sensor. Please help!!
thank you

Hi, I am trying to use a philips 691-90001 humidity sensor to create a humidity control system of design paper. However, I dun have much information on it, so if anyone who can help or provide me information, feel free to leave me message.
Thank you

i want humidity sensor project(HST771) using pic16F877 with diagrams, source code and documentation plzzzzzzzzz help me

Last edited:
i want humidity sensor project(HST771) using pic16F877 with diagrams, source code and documentation plzzzzzzzzz help me

That is not the sort of thing we do here. We help people who are working on projects, we do not do projects for people.

Much of the time questions like this are homework assignments. What would anyone learn if we did the work for them?

3v0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back